Studio West is an exciting studio school which opened in September 2014. As part of Kenton Schools Academy Trust which incorporates Kenton School, Studio West currently caters for around 300 students. Our mission is to ensure that every student who leaves Studio West does so with a university or college place, an apprenticeship or a job.
Initially opening to students aged 13-19, in September 2017 we became a full secondary school, expanding to open from age 11. We are over-subscribed for year 7 and expanding rapidly due to our success. We are committed to the studio school concept of offering mainstream qualifications (including GCSEs, A Levels, and occupational and professional qualifications), combined with an innovative and personalised curriculum for every student focused on developing key employability and life skills required by employers.
We know the key to our success will be having a strong team committed to the ethos of the school with the skills, dedication and passion to motivate and instil high expectations in every child to achieve their potential, regardless of the barriers they face.
We are seeking applications for the post of Business Engagement Manager/Business Tutor. Joining us, you will:
- promote a culture of work-related learning which complements all students’ study of the national curriculum;
- actively secure paid and unpaid work placements for all our students matched to their academic programme and which will contribute to the project-based learning culture of the school;
- work closely with curriculum teams to ensure that curriculum design is closely aligned to employer and student need;
- foster the development of high-quality business skills in all students, arranging for business partners to deliver regular sessions to students and personally designing and delivering business and careers-related sessions and lessons to students.
To be successful, you will:
- be an exceptional candidate with a proven track record of working effectively with secondary school age children/young people;
- possess both excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive and flexible approach to work;
- have the skills, knowledge and abilities to work with students and businesses to make sure the right student is matched with the right business.
In return, you will play a key role in embedding Studio West as a school of choice in the local community with the support of not only the Studio West team, but the wider Trust.
Closing date: Noon on 27th January 2020.
Kenton Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in all its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school.