WHITCHURCH HIGH (FOUNDATION) SCHOOL
YSGOL UWCHRADD YR EGLWYS NEWYDD PENLLINE ROAD, CARDIFF, CF14 2XJ www.whitchurchhs.com
NOR: 2,300 (6TH FORM 400)
Headteacher : Huw Jones-Williams BUSINESS MANAGER and MEMBER OF SLT
Required from 16th April 2018 Salary Range Point 43-46 (£38,237 - £41,025)
Full Time: 52 weeks a year, 37 hours a week
The vacancy for a Business Manager and Member of SLT has arisen due to the retirement of the present postholder after 13 years distinguished service.
We are looking for an outstanding leader who will make a significant impact on our journey to excellence.
• This is an excellent opportunity to be the business manager of Wales’ largest secondary school and one of the largest comprehensive schools in the UK
• The postholder will be a key member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team and have HR responsibility for non-teaching staff •
Our last Estyn Inspection in January 2016 identified that the school is on an upward improvement journey
• Progress and standards have risen significantly in a number of key performance indicators since 2015 and have been sustained for the past three years
• Governors, teachers, non-teaching staff, students and parents work together purposefully to further raise standards in a successful, inclusive and caring community school
The successful applicant will be will be a strategic leader with:
• A proven track record of financial management
• The ability to think strategically, lead others and work productively with all stakeholders We look forward to hearing from you if you can make a difference for the benefit of all our students and the wider school community.
• Application deadline midday Monday, 22nd January 2018
• Interviews scheduled Tuesday, 6th February 2018
Any queries please contact:
Mrs Kath Jones, PA to Headteacher – email@example.com 029 2062 9711