We are looking to appoint an experienced Business Manager as part of our academy Senior Leadership Team. As a key member of our SLT you will have responsibility for the planning, organisation and management of all non-teaching activities within the academy. This is an exciting new role that would suit a talented and articulate individual with excellent communication and time management skills. We are interested to hear from applicants who have a depth and breadth of experience in a number of non-teaching areas within an academy/school environment, and who can lead on promoting and sustaining, teaching and learning within a high-quality environment.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. As our academy Business Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
- Professional accountability for all support staff, ensuring that the support staff structure supports the effectiveness and efficiency of the Academy.
- Lead, manage and make decisions on support staff areas to include Finance, Academy Asset Register, General Administration, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Premises and ICT.
- Monitoring, evaluate and make decisions on the effectiveness of the support provided to the Academy, providing the Principal with a weekly operational status update.
- Making decisions on resource usage to ensure that the academy is compliant with government legislation in all non-teaching support areas.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.us Academy Croydon
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following its first ever Ofsted inspection in October 2016: only the seventh secondary free school in London to achieve this. The academy opened with its first cohort in September 2014 and moved into a state-of-the-art, new building in September 2017. As of September 2018, Harris Invictus has students from Year 7 to Year 11. The academy is oversubscribed and located in an area of disadvantage.
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Invictus Academy Croydon are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0203 371 3002 or email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.