Due to internal promotion, we are seeking to appoint an exceptional and entrepreneurial individual to join and enhance the Senior Leadership Team and lead and maintain all aspects of finance, business and facilities management.
School experience is not essential, the best candidate will:-
· have extensive financial and budgeting experience;
· be a skilled people manager, able to think on their feet and problem-solve speedily on day-to-day operational issues;
· have payroll and pension knowledge and understanding;
· be able to lead on statutory compliance;
· take an active role in the life of the Academy.
Horbury Academy has:-
· A £24 million pound building with state-of-the-art facilities, that are modern and easy to maintain;
· Warm, dedicated staff -
· Formed an equal partnership as a founding member of the Accord MAT which means collaboration and support in all areas of finance and compliance;
· A number of benefits which include free parking, gym discounts and the offer of joining the competitive Local Government Pension Scheme;
· A fantastic location, a short distance from Junction 40 of the M1, near to the M62, making easily commutable access from Leeds, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Wakefield and Barnsley.
All prospective candidates are welcome to visit on Wednesday 24th January at 3.30pm which will be an opportunity for you to meet the Headteacher and members of the Senior Leadership Team as well as find out more about the role. If you wish to book a place, please contact Reception.
Closing Date is Monday 29th January at 12 noon.
The interviews will take place week commencing 5th February 2018
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary Academy, Middlestown Primary Academy and Ossett Academy and Sixth Form .
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.