Full Time (37 hours per week).
Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and conscientious School Business Manager to join our dedicated team. The successful candidate will be part of our Senior Leadership Team and have significant financial and management experience in a school. The School Business Manager is the school’s leading support staff professional and works as part of the Leadership Team to assist the Headteacher in his duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims. He / She is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school. You will be a team player who will work closely with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team. You will be self-motivated, highly committed, flexible, enthusiastic, patient and show great initiative.
In 2013 we were judged ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features by Ofsted. They said about our students, “the students of Bradfield School are a real asset. They are invariably friendly, polite and courteous towards each other, visitors and their teachers. They are a credit to the school and their families. Consequently, the school is a well ordered and calm place of learning where relationships are warm, friendly and built upon a foundation of mutual respect”.
We are looking for someone who:-
- Has proven experience of budget management, monitoring and account reconciliation together with experience of financial management systems and audit requirements.
- Significant experience of managing and monitoring the effective delivery of services and service level agreements from external sources.
- Experience of policy / procedure development and implementation.
- Experience of working in a busy school or office environment.
- Experience of supporting partnerships with students, staff, parents, members of the Governing Body and the wider community.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and works well in a team.
Please ensure you give specific details of your suitability against the person specification. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records Disclosure form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.