The primary role of the Business Manager is to support the Principal in the business management of the college by providing expertise in a wide variety of financial, administrative and management functions. A relational leadership style, advanced computer skills, together with superior organisational and interpersonal skills are essential. A commitment to and support for the mission and ethos of Catholic education and the College is required.
• Strategic and operational management of the college's financial resources
• General administration and related corporate governance and compliance
• Property and general asset management
• Formulation, implementation and coordination of purchasing strategies and procedures to meet College needs
• Implementation of procedures and programs in line with BCE Workplace Health & Safety compliance requirements.
• Information technology planning, delivery, implementation and management
• Community relations, college development, and management of college support staff
• Degree level qualification, preferably in Accounting, Business Management or Commerce and meets the eligibility criteria for membership of Australian accounting body (e.g. Australian Society of CPAs or Chartered Accountants Australia), supported by appropriate commercial and/or educational experience.
Skills & Experience
• 5 years minimum demonstrated experience in a supervisory role within finance and/or business administration
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of accounting practices (including taxation),
• Contemporary working knowledge of HR management, employee relations and WHS legislation and practices, especially those related to the education sector
• Sound knowledge and understanding of project, property, building and asset management
• Sound understanding and working knowledge of management information systems
• Highly developed communication and consultation skills
• Understanding of Catholic education or the education sector is desirable
Sophia College is a Catholic secondary school located in the Lockyer Valley, approximately 80 kms west of Brisbane. The college is master planned to accommodate five streams of students, commencing in 2021 with an expected three streams of Year 7, and increasing by one year level each year until it reaches Year 12. It has been designed with a focus on “integral ecology”, with the development over time of an eco-science precinct. Its Catholic identity will be enriched through a Franciscan spirituality. Sophia College will provide a high quality, inclusive, secondary co-educational Catholic education to the Plainland and neighbouring communities.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing April 2020
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/week (38 hours/week) Monday - Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Business Manager Level 3 - $111,320 - $123,684 per annum plus Super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Bethany Fitzsimon
Contact Telephone Number: 3033 7469
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description Opens in new window
School-in-Community Report Opens in new window