Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained Business Studies teachers to consider an exciting opportunity in London, England. We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Business Studies Teacher to join an outstanding, highly regarded Academy in Merton, South West London. This position will be available to start in January 2019, with a permanent contract on offer for the right candidate. We are ideally looking for someone who can teach Computer Science up to VCE Level but this is not essential to apply. This is a great opportunity for an overseas teacher to experience living and working in the beautiful city of London.
About the Role
• Business Studies Teacher
• Teaching across a whole secondary timetable
• $55,000AUD – $72,000AUD annual salary
• Generous signing on bonuses
• Full time
• Permanent contract available
About the School
• ‘Outstanding’ rated school
• Accessible via public transport and car
• Co-ed academy based in the heart of Merton
• 11 to 19
• Generous staff packages available including health plans, gym memberships and more.
About the Location
• The London Borough of Merton is a borough in south-west London, England
• Close to shops, major retailers and home to the world’s most popular tennis spot, Wimbledon
• Surrounded by beautiful, large green spaces hosting a number of natural beauty spots
• A blend of new and old, with a variety of Victorian and modern architecture with affordable housing
• Frequent rail services into Central London and major airports such as Heathrow
In order to be considered for this role, the Business Studies Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a Business Studies Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN844RXP.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN844RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.