Due to the expansion of the department, we are offering an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic professional teachers to join our developing state of the art new Business Academy. We teach a wide range of academic and vocational courses including Business Studies, Economics, Accountancy and integrate our work with an excellent school based Careers Team. Interest or experience in any of the related areas to Business Studies is also welcomed. We are driven to develop the students’ employability and professional development skills and have developed a qualification to support this. We provide for a large Sixth Form of 630 students with very high levels of participation in the courses available. Our aim is to make our Business Academy the pre-eminent provider of Business, Economics and Finance related courses in the region with career progression and CPD always under consideration for our team members.
Thomas Telford School has always been at the forefront of educational developments nationally, by pioneering radical ways of organising and delivering education since its opening in 1991. We have been consistently graded as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and are always among the top performing schools in England.
Staff at Thomas Telford School are afforded highly desirable working conditions such as:
• One day per week for planning, preparation and marking
• State of the art classroom and IT facilities
• Free use of the onsite Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool
• Opportunities to work collaboratively with our family of schools
• An environment where students are always positive, have a love of learning and behaviour is exemplary based on an understanding of mutual respect between staff and students
• Opportunities to work with our Teaching School delivering best practice workshops with our Trainee Teachers. Thomas Telford School trains over 60 graduate teachers per year
• 10 Professional Development days per year
• Generous performance related pay achieved by almost every employee of the School annually
• Extensive opportunities to become involved in Sport, Performing Arts and other recreational activities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and high performing organisation. Thomas Telford School is proud to have a happy and supportive working environment where employees are truly valued.
Application forms and details about the post can be downloaded from www.ttsonline.net under ’Job Vacancies’ on the ‘Quick Link’ tab. Please send your application form to The Headmaster, Sir Kevin Satchwell, Thomas Telford School, Old Park Telford TF3 4NW or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Apply Immediately
All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check and two employment references.