“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
The UCL Academy are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Business Support Administrator to work as part of the UCL Academy administration team. A good working knowledge of MS Office programmes, databases, good word processing skills, attention to detail and proven organisational skills are essential. Excellent communication skills, a sense of humor, a level head and analytical mind are also required.
From organising meetings and drafting minutes, to managing student bursaries, ordering supplies, to maintaining the contracts register, this is a multi-functional role across a range of administration functions, such as finance, HR and compliance. You will support a diverse range of projects and people, ensuring everything runs smoothly. It’s a great opportunity to learn about project and programme management and to hone your organizational and accuracy skills.
The ideal candidate will be computer literate and have knowledge of different databases. You must have a proactive approach in liaising with parents, visitors and guests and can demonstrate the ability to calm and flexible in challenging and pressured situations. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to manage sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy and be aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality and acting within (GDPR) guidance.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply:
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st May at 5pm
Interviews for this position will take place on Thursday 23rd May 2019. Candidates must attend on this date to be considered.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.