Lister Community School is a large, 11-16 comprehensive school. We are a mixed school that was judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2013 and has just celebrated its 6th consecutive year of record breaking exam results. We are determined to build on our most recent Ofsted judgement and continue our journey to becoming ‘Outstanding’ in the next two years. Our motto is “always aiming for excellence’.
Lister is embarking on an exciting stage of developing its support services for the school and we are seeking dynamic, professional and high quality individuals to join us in our aim for excellence in all areas.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment will be conditional on successful pre-employment and enhanced DBS checks.
Business Support Officer (Student Services) / Lead First Aider
36 hours per week, term time plus 1 week
Hours: 08.00 – 4:00 (Monday – Friday)
Salary Scale 5 - £19,913 (actual pro rata’d salary per annum) subject to pay award
We are seeking a highly experienced and professional person to join our Business Support Team. The Business Support Officer (Student Services) will be the Lead First Aider for the school and will be responsible for:
● Providing first aid for anyone taken ill or injured at school, being the first point of contact for medical emergencies
● Providing care and support to pupils with specific medical conditions, including day-to-day administering of medication, where appropriate
● Recording and reporting accidents and illness in accordance with regulatory guidelines and school policies (including confidentiality, data protection and safeguarding) using an online database.
● Liaising with staff and parents, emergency services, school nurses, SENCOs, etc, as required
● Supervising the medical room and first aid equipment, and maintaining supplies
In addition, the role will involve:
● liaising with the local authority regarding pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and keeping the SIMS pupil database up-to-date with FSM information.
● Overseeing the student locker system, accurately recording deposits and supplying receipts to students.
● Operating the school’s cashless catering/biometric system
● General business support and reception cover
● Preparation and administration of postal services
The role is ideal for a proactive person who can interact with a variety of people (staff, students, senior managers, external agencies) and effectively manage their own workload. Experience of working in an educational environment with a good understanding of support systems required in busy, multi-cultural schools is essential. Strong communication, literacy and ICT skills will be required for this role.
If you think you have the potential to work as an outstanding Business Support Officer (Student Services) then an application form can be downloaded directly from our school’s website at: http://www.lister.newham.sch.uk/vacancies/ or by contacting Jackie Young (HR Manager) on 020 8471 3311.
Completed applications must be returned to the school at the above address, or by email to: email@example.com
Applications are required by 3.00pm Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews: Friday 27th April 2018
We will acknowledge receipt of all application forms. If you do not receive acknowledgement, please do not assume that your application has been received. Due to high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates who have been selected to progress to the next stage of the process.