Business & Humanities Teaching Post
The Academy International School has been expanding for the last two years and in September 2022 will be completing its introduction of two form entries in all year groups. We are looking for qualified teachers to join our Humanities Department.
The successful candidate will join our enthusiastic Humanities Department. The post will be teaching IGCSE Business Studies to students in Key Stage 4 and Business Management to our IB Diploma Programme students, as well as teaching other humanities subjects in those levels.
Legal permission to work in Spain is desirable.
Job description (further details will be sent to short listed candidates)
- Planning, teaching and class management.
- Monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting.
- Curriculum development.
- Pastoral care.
- Taking part in extra curricular activities such as cross curricular weeks and sports days.
- Continued professional development.
Salary and Package The salaries at school all follow the Spanish pay scales. The pay increases when there is an increase announced across Spain.
Our package includes:
- Salary according to the Spanish national guidelines.
- May lead to permanent contract.
- Three course school lunch each day.
- National health insurance, and private health insurance for work related issues.
- Administrative support with the legal documentation such as paperwork related to becoming a resident in Spain, registering with a doctor, opening a bank account.
- Support and advice on finding accommodation.
Our School Day : All teachers start at 8:45 and finish at 16:15. On Mondays we have staff meetings until 17:00.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teacher to join our team. Someone who wants to be part of a supportive team with a child centred approach to teaching and learning. Experience teaching at IBDP level is an advantage but not essential. Strong IT skills are necessary (including technology in the classroom, learning platforms such as Firefly, Managebac and management systems such as ISAMS). Eligible to work in the EU is desirable.
Please send CV and covering letter with contact details of two referees to our Head Teacher at: email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will have a face-to-face or online interview.
The Academy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to have child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and provide an ICPC certificate.