Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school (co-educational at Post 16) and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
There are plans for the Trust to grow, including the opening of a girls’ school, which means there will be numerous opportunities for promotion and staff to take on extra responsibilities; are you ready to grow with us?
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Business with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, from January 2018; an individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals and be actively involved in teaching Business up to Key Stage 5. We encourage applications from teachers, who feel they can bring innovation to an already highly-effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. They will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
The Business department is extremely successful, achieving excellent GCSE and GCE results in 2017: Economics, Business and Finance were all ALPS red and all students who studied a BTEC course either got a Distinction or a Distinction*.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Business, which is clearly demonstrated in the classroom.
• A proven record of consistently outstanding lessons and the delivery of high quality outcomes.
• The ability to work within and add value to an already highly-effective and motivated team
• The ability to develop and constantly modify exceptional practice in-line with a continually changing climate
• A desire to further raise overall achievement and success of Business within the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the school application form.