Be part of THE MOST INNOVATIVE school in the UK!
Lumiar is recognised by Unesco, Stanford University and Microsoft as one of the 12 most innovative schools in the world. Set up in Brazil 15 years ago, Lumiar has ten schools globally. The first Lumiar School is opening in the UK in September 2019, for children aged 5-11, near Bath and Frome.
Our team are passionate about transforming education. They are highly motivated, forward-looking educators who offer a disruptive new model for education - one that puts the child at the centre of the learning experience.
Are you a talented and ambitious educator with the drive to create a DIFFERENT kind of learning experience for children?
At Lumiar Stowford we believe that education is a vehicle to creating positive and meaningful societal change. Much of the current education system, constrained by testing, large class sizes and lack of funding is held back from delivering learning opportunities that encourage free-thinking, innovation, creativity and respect for community and our natural environment. These are all qualities we believe are essential for next generation to rise to the challenges of a rapidly changing world, find their passions within it, and help find solutions to the social and environmental risks and opportunities this future poses.
The role combines teaching KS2 as class Tutor, and leading and managing a team of inspiring educators to help grow and develop a new and exciting school, as the Head of the Education Team.
What is unique about Lumiar Stowford?
- Learning is firmly rooted in real and meaningful experiences and is applied to practical activities through project-based learning and workshops
- We focus on developing ‘21st Century Skills’ such as autonomy, social skills, technological proficiency, collaboration, digital literacy, critical thinking, problem-solving, analysis, interpretation, synthesis, self-awareness, leadership, communication and creativity
- We are based on a working farm outside Bradford-on-Avon. We are committed to outdoor nature-based learning and see this as central to the learning experience at Lumiar Stowford
- Students have a say in what they learn and are encouraged to follow their passions and interests
- Students have a voice in decision-making and resolving problems, helping to decide which rules and agreements are necessary for the learning space to work well for all
- A strong focus on social and environmental responsibility and stewardship is promoted as part of the curriculum and culture of the school
- We are based on a farm with an abundance of outdoor, natural spaces offering a rich environment for connecting learning with nature. The students spend a lot of time outside, playing and learning
- Our proprietary Digital Mosaic platform, a sophisticated planning and assessment tool, supports our educators to take a flexible and rigorous approach to managing and recording student's progress.
Deadline for applications; midnight 1st May 2019
Interviews; Stage one (Microteach) 13th and 14th May, Stage two (Leadership interview and presentation) 15th May.
Applications to be submitted to; email@example.com
To find out more about Lumiar Stowford;