Woodbourne CAMHS, 21 Woodbourne Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B17 8BY
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (term time only)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant.
This post is likely to suit an individual with previous experience in a school environment, as either a Teaching Assistant, a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or Teacher wishing to work as a TA, who is comfortable working in Key Stage 3 - 5.
The TA will be expected to:
- Support the activities of all curriculum areas in the classroom
- Work with individuals and groups to support their learning in a variety of subjects
- Be self-motivated and liaise with members of staff throughout the school, working effectively as a member of the team
- Contribute to monitoring and recording progress
- Have excellent ability to build rapport with young people.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from mainstream, specialist education or community provision who are looking to move into a hospital setting.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
If you have relevant experience, please contact our Head of School Jilly McCarrick for an informal chat on 0121 434 6410.
Closing date 04/02/2021, interviews will take place the following week for a start as soon as possible.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
The Priory Woodbourne Hospital School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 10 - 18 years