St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 690 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers to start in August 2021 for the following position:
The qualified candidate must:
- Be an active, practising member of the Roman Catholic faith with an active sacramental and faith life.
- Possess a B.A. (a Master’s preferred) degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies or related field.
- Possess the Archdiocese of Detroit Catechist Certification or committed to take this necessary step to achieve this certification as well as ongoing formation.
- Be a Catholic in good standing who embraces and transmits the Catholic Church’s teachings on matters of faith and morals.
- Three years’ experience with youth, young adults and parish ministry or related field as well as 3 years’ experience teaching religious education at the primary level.
- Proven ability to empower a Christian to be an effective channel of God’s love and build Christian community by nurturing relationships and long-term spiritual growth of a group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and understanding of the New Evangelization, methodology and best practices with the goal of international discipleship.
- Proven ability to share the faith with others that draws them to become disciples of Jesus and responsible members of His Church.
- Demonstrates personal self-discipline, is adaptable and flexible in routine and unexpected situations.
- Has skills in communication, initiative, creativity, and problem solving.
- Be an excellent team player committed to the Catholic ethos, values, and aims of the School and be committed to the holistic development of children.
- Have excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
- Uses effective instructional tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
- Utilizes effectively and appropriately 21st century technology.
- Understanding the Archdiocese of Detroit’s religion standards.
Salary range is CI$26,010.00 - CI$43,499.00 per annum (Tax-Free) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance (including airfare) and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee.
Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended by mutual agreement.
St. Ignatius Catholic School is required under Law and in accordance with the Archdiocese of Detroit to check the background of all employees. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Decisions to appoint will be subject to consideration of an enhanced criminal background check, qualifications check and three satisfactory references.
Interested applicants must complete the application form in full, which has been uploaded, and send it to email@example.com, along with copies of their latest enhanced criminal background check and professional qualifications. We will not accept any other form of application. Interviews will be conducted over Zoom.
Deadline for receipt of applications: April 13th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Ignatius Catholic School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years