Vision for Education are currently looking to recruit 2X Care Assistants to work within a specialist provision in the Durham Area. The school caters for students who have a range of learning disabilities including ASD, SLD and PMLD. The role itself will consist of working 10am-2pm Monday to Friday supporting students within a classroom setting.
The ideal candidate will hold a current Moving and Handling certificate and have previous experience in changing and feeding.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in working with students who have SLD and PMLD.
- Experience in providing personal care to primary and secondary aged students.
- A friendly, positive and understanding attitude towards indviduals with complex needs
- Hold a Moving and Handling qualification
- Have a Child and Adult DBS registered on the update service
In return for your hard work we can offer:
- Regular access to seminars and training courses, fully paid for by Vision for Education, such as Team Teach, Safeguarding and Autism Awareness.
- 24 hour support from a team of designated SEN consultants
- Wages paid directly into your bank account, weekly, through PAYE
At Vision for Education we are fully dedicated to safeguarding and require all of our candidates to hold an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. This must also be on the update service. Full assistance will be provided.