Care Assistant - SEN - School Setting
Required - full time for SEN client school in Kirklees - Care / Teaching Assistant - November 2017 start (Monday to Friday)
Have you worked with young people or adults with profound or multiple learning difficulties?
Are you trained in Manual Handling or would you be interested in training in this? (Vision offer free training)
Very specialist setting with students with high physical, medical and learning needs.
- You must have at least 3 months experience working in a care background or an SEN school assisting pupils with high learning and medical needs.
- The successful candidate must be extremely caring and passionate towards helping others and younger people.
- The SEND school is based in Kirklees, full time long term role - potential for permanent work available for the right candidate.
- This will initially be on a supply basis.
- You will contribute to a highly skilled team of support assistants, teaching and pastoral staff working to provide a first class experience for students.
- This includes providing stimulating learning experiences, dignified pastoral and personal care.
- Experience or a background in care and/or health and social care is also advantageous for this vacancy.
- Experience working with Pivots, P levels, EYFS curriculum are highly advantageous also, along with hoist training / moving & handling, and first aid training. Vision for Education offer free CPD and Training for qualifying candidates (Manual Handling included).
- Working hours are 8.45 am -3.30pm with a half hour lunch break.
Please contact our Huddersfield SEND team on 01484 642928 for more information on this job role in Kirklees.