Care Team Leader (38 week residential)
Hours: Term time + 1 week (39 weeks), 42.5 hours per week.
Salary: up to £30,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Are you an aspiring care manager in a children’s setting or an ambitious care worker looking for progression?
- Are you amazing with vulnerable and challenging young people?
- Do you have fantastic working knowledge of care regulations and legislation?
- Do you want a job where you have school holidays off?
- Would you like to work in the grounds of a beautiful country house with forests, fishing lakes and sports facilities all at the disposal of your young people?
If so we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Team Leader to join The Grange Therapeutic School care team. Someone with a holistic and integrated approach to care, education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
About the School
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 8 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The school is 38 week, term time only and has 14 residential places out of a total capacity of 85. Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals. The school has two residential houses in the village with experienced, hardworking and skilled staff. At the last Ofsted inspection care was assessed as “good” with the impact of leaders rated “outstanding”.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The Team Leader role is an operational management role responsible for the management of one of the 2 residential houses at The Grange. Reporting into the Head of Residential, this role is currently responsible for the direct line management of a house staff team.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has had extensive and successful experience as a residential care worker within a children or young person’s care environment. Pervious management experience would be a bonus. You should have a positive work ethic and be able to work effectively to produce an effective leadership team.
You will be working with a bubbly team of skilled staff who have a lot of experience working with children with social and emotional needs. Good communication skills and the ability to lead and manage operationally are vital.
You should have an extensive knowledge surrounding safeguarding of children and young people. We want someone who places a focus on the positive outcomes of our children and takes responsibility for helping improve the lives of our young people.
While experience of working with children and young people with special educational needs is desirable, excellent leadership skills, the right motivation and personal qualities are just as important.
- The ability to motivate and direct teams
- The ability to work with young people in groups
- Ability to ensure staff adhere to high standards
- To work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Demonstrate own skills and abilities in providing out of school activities for young people
- Ability to produce an appropriate high standard of reporting and recording both written and electronically
- Significant knowledge of the needs of young people
- Significant knowledge of good quality residential care, children’s rights and safeguarding children.
- Hold NVQ Level 3 or higher
- Knowledge of inspection regulations and frameworks
Why work for us
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- Supporting team environment
- Well-resourced provision
- School holidays and weekends off
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk.
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for