Carshalton High School for Girls
Careers & Work Experience Co-ordinator
Required as soon as possible
Job Title: Careers & Work Experience Co-ordinator
Grade/Salary: Outer London GLT Scale 3/4 depending on experience
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Annual weeks worked: 39 weeks (term-time plus inset days)
Type of contract: Permanent
Responsible to: Senior Leadership
Carshalton High School for Girls is a high achieving school judged by Ofsted in November 2017 as Good in all categories and Good overall.
Governors are seeking to appoint a Careers & Work Experience Co-ordinator to join our admin team.
Applicants must have some knowledge, and preferably experience, of this or a similar role. Applicants will need to integrate within our admin team as well as needing excellent communication skills to develop a good relationship with students and staff.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to work independently and use initiative
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to undertake admin duties
• Ability to work with young people
• Ability to comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, data protection and equal opportunities
What we can offer you:
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive environment.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• A school that has wellbeing as a high priority.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form, and send it to the Headteacher’s PA Mrs Sam Willard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 12th December 2019
Interviews: Intended to be Tuesday 17th December 2019
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we apologise for being unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with our recruitment policy and for the protection of our students, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a culturally diverse workforce which reflects the nature of our Trust community.