Full Time, Term Time only
£29,765 per annum (£25,244 actual pro rata)
Bolton Sixth Form College is a vibrant, highly aspirational, high achieving Sixth Form College of c. 1550 students. A modern building with fantastic facilities, the college is located in the town centre and offers a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC programmes. An excellent inspection in May 2017 strengthened the college’s ‘Good’ Ofsted grading and staff work together in an innovative and forward thinking environment to ensure the student experience is maximised and the college becomes a first choice destination for further study within the Borough.
If you are a pro-active individual who has the skills, abilities and enthusiasm to develop and lead the College Careers Service, ensure that our careers provision reflects the current and future requirements of different sectors of business and industry and provide an advisory service to all staff, students and parents regarding any careers related query, then we would like to hear from you for the post of:
This is a demanding but fulfilling role which will suit an individual who has the ability and experience to develop and maintain excellent links with relevant partners and external stakeholders such a employers, Higher Education, training providers and partner schools. With the drive and enthusiasm to develop, manage and deliver careers education and guidance within the college, the postholder will also develop and maintain a dedicated careers resource area, conduct Careers interviews with College students and provide group guidance or group talks where appropriate.
Integral to this role is that of leading on ‘Links with Universities’ as part of the Raising Aspiration (RAY) programme in College which is designed to equip Year 9/10 students in partner schools with the necessary skills to excel in their studies, helping them to develop critical thinking skills by engaging in intellectual debates from the perspective of different disciplines. This role is undertaken outside of the normal college timetable and attracts an additional payment of £2,020 per annum.
This role requires a flexible approach as attendance is required at external events as well as those held in college, some of which may be in an evening and it is expected that the postholder will be available to undertake all aspects of the role to ensure it is carried out in the best interests of the students.
The successful applicant will be required to:
· Have proven experience of working in a careers focused role, preferable within education
· Be able to respond positively under pressure and handle large volumes of work within tight deadlines
· Be creative in their approach to all careers events to ensure the enjoyment and engagement of both students and providers
· Have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills to assist in the development and maintenance of external contacts and to deal positively with the many enquiries the department receives
· Exhibit an interest and understanding of new technologies and explore and develop new avenues of communication in line with these advances and in response to current student culture
We can offer you:
· A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
· A competitive salary based on the pay scale for Support Staff working in a Sixth Form College
· Generous holiday entitlement starting at 26 days per year (plus statutory) increasing to 31 days with service
· Membership of an occupational pension scheme
· Optional wellbeing days / activities
· Structured professional development opportunities and involvement in regular college inset workshops
A job description and person specification are available. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th May 2018 @ midnight
Interviews will be held on Monday 4th June 2018
The start date for this post will be by agreement with the successful candidate.
All appointments at the college are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.