The Mirfield Free Grammar and Mirfield College
Careers, Information & Guidance Officer
37 hours a week, Term Time plus 3 additional weeks
To start – September 2019
Salary - £27,867 per annum (based on FTE of £30,507)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dedicated careers professional to join our hardworking team at The Mirfield Free Grammar & Mirfield College.
The role of a Careers Officer is extremely varied and at times, very fast paced. A Careers Officer will lead, guide and manage the careers education provision for 11-19s; ensuring careers education advice, information and guidance meet both legal and Ofsted requirements.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that students are fully prepared through a range of experiences for the post-16/18 transition to College, Apprenticeships, Further Education or Higher Education.
- Establishing links with local businesses, colleges and providers and scheduling visits by representatives so that students have the opportunity to learn about employment, higher education and vocational training and preparation.
- Presenting to and acting as the key contact for students, staff and parents/carers as well as local businesses.
- Planning and implementing targeted careers events and curriculum initiatives.
- Leading on the organisation of purposeful work experience placements for KS4 and KS5 students, with the support of the year leaders and tutors.
- Lead on the tracking and reporting of meeting careers benchmarks.
This is not an exhaustive list – This role is varied, exciting and challenging and each day will be different. Please see the Job Description for a more detailed list of duties and responsibilities.
Previous school experience is not necessary but the ability to be proactive, successfully network, present confidently to small and large audiences and be organised are paramount.
This is a very busy role, but one which brings great reward and satisfaction to see students’ progress successfully into the next stage of their lives.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The MFG Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.