St James The Great Roman Catholic Primary and Nursery School
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and committed Assistant Caretaker/ School Caretaker depending upon experience
Full time role at 36 hours per week (Monday to Friday inclusive) All Year Round with potential for ad-hoc additional hours
Part time/split shift working pattern would also be considered with hours to be negotiated and agreed prior to commencement of role
Grade 4 - SP 8 - 10 (£22,779 - £23,607 FTE) / Grade 6 – SP 18 – 20 (£27,228 - £28,215 FTE)
Grade and Scale Point dependent upon knowledge, skills, abilities and experience as detailed in the Role Profiles and Person Specifications
Starting as soon as possible but no later than Monday 20th April 2020
St James The Great serves a mixed and vibrant community where children, staff and families strive to create a happy, supportive and aspirational environment, in which all are successful and achieve. Standards are high but staff are never complacent and strive for the best possible outcomes for our pupils
The school is part of the Croydon Catholic Schools Umbrella Trust. Staff have a strong network to support them and help develop or discover career opportunities. We operate an appraisal system where you have a say in what you need to develop and time to do it. All staff are encouraged to take advantage of a wide range of high quality professional learning opportunities: the school leads a developing Teaching School Alliance which offers excellent in-house CPD
The School Caretaker will work closely with and support the School Business Manager to deliver a first class service in all aspects of security, maintenance, refurbishment and cleanliness of the school and grounds for all stakeholders.
Key to your success will be:
• An understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety principles and requirements within a school setting including COSHE
• Full working knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and codes of practice with an awareness of relevant legislation
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Excellent DIY skills with the ability to carry out day to day repairs and maintenance of the school buildings and grounds
• Excellent initiative and able to demonstrate the ability to manage own time effectively, establish priorities within workload.
• The ability to problem solve quickly and effectively and display a conscientious and logical approach to resolve situations that arise with stakeholders to ensure smooth running of the school
• Ability to perform physical tasks required by the post which will include lifting, carrying and using various equipment
• Ability to carry out administrative tasks as required including stock taking
• Ability to drive the school minibus
• The ability to communicate clearly with all stakeholders verbally and in writing
• Able to support and actively promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
St James The Great is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We follow safer recruitment processes and will seek references for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview wherever possible
Further details and application forms are available from the school website at http://www.stjamesthegreat.org/about-ourschool/job-vacancies
Visits are strongly recommended and encouraged for this very important role at our school. Please E Mail Finance@stjamesthegreat.org to arrange an appointment. If you are keen to develop professionally in an exciting, caring and supportive environment, our school is the place for you.
Closing date: Midday 21st February 2020
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 2nd March 2020 which will include a formal interview and written tasks including a site report after a site walk
CV’s are not accepted. Please ensure you application form and personal statement addresses the requirements for this role as detailed in the advert, role profile, job description and person specification and E Mail your completed application form and a personal statement to: Finance@stjamesthegreat.org or return the completed documents marked Private and Confidential for the attention of the School Business Manager