Thames View Bridge SEMH School, Barking and Dagenham
- a new special school for pupils with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
Salary: APT&C Scale 4, Point 18-21 (£20,667 Actual Starting Salary)
Hours: 35 hours per week (Split Shift) x 52 weeks per year flexible during school holidays
A new special school for pupils with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs is opening in Barking and Dagenham in September 2018, initially with 30 pupils, but growing to a maximum of 90, aged 6-19. The school will be based initially on Thames Road on Barking Riverside, in high-quality accommodation.
The new school is supported by:
- an Outstanding partner SEMH special school
- a Trust (Partnership Learning) with successful experience of setting up new provision for children with complex special needs
- local successful special school partners
This is an exciting opportunity for creative, resilient and flexible professional who wants to be part of a brand new school. The Trust has a strong record of developing potential and promoting from within.
At Thames View Bridge School our model will be based on an understanding that children’s behaviour may reflect unmet need; that we must model, teach and re-teach expected behaviours; and that we must be calm, consistent and kind. We will establish ‘wrap around’ personalised timetables for our pupils using a range of therapies and stimuli to motivate and maximise opportunities for these most vulnerable young people.
- To maintain the school site.
- To maintain the security of the Premises
- To ensure the Health & Safety and statutory compliance of all buildings are kept compliant.
- To undertake agreed cleaning/janitorial tasks including vomit and spillages.
- To be willing to undertake training and respond as Fire Warden and First Aider.
- Perform litter picking duties both inside and outside the school buildings to ensure the school remains tidy and safe for all students and staff.
- NVQ Level 2or Equivalent in English and Maths is desirable
- To model appropriate behaviour at all times; to remain professional and not to react emotionally, even under very challenging circumstances.
Further details and an application pack may be obtained from the Partnership Learning website: https://www.partnershiplearning.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 25th June 2018
Partnership Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.