Post: Building Supervisor
School: Southey Green Primary School
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grade 4 - £17,772 - £20,661
Hours / Weeks: 37 hours, 52 weeks
Southey Green is a large three form entry primary school with two nurseries in north Sheffield (Group Size 4, NOR: 736). Following the OFSTED inspection in March 2016 Southey Green is proud to say that it is a ‘GOOD’ school.
The school is at the heart of its community and in January 2013 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Tapton is an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Sheffield and the Academy Trust is rapidly establishing itself within the city.
Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
As the Building Supervisor for the site you will be responsible for the upkeep of the building and the site wide Health & Safety. This is a varied and exciting opportunity which is incredibly rewarding working in a large Primary School but also supporting other Primary Schools within the Trust.
You will need to:
· Have excellent communication skills
· Have excellent organisational skills
· Be able to work on your own initiative
· Have a broad knowledge of DIY / Repairs and maintenance
· Have good knowledge of using IT, such as Email, MS Word and Excel
· Have an excellent work ethic and be a strong team worker and work well under pressure
· A background within the building industry would be desirable
We can offer you:
· Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
· Children who love learning and want to achieve
· A well-resourced and stimulating environment
· A strong emphasis on teamwork
· High quality CPD opportunities
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. We have the following dates available at 4pm:
Tuesday 13th February, Thursday 15th February
Application forms can be obtained at www.southeygreen.org under the Community/Jobs page.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Please do not complete a Local Authority Application form for this post.
Further information relevant to this post, including a recruitment pack is available on line via the school website.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st February
Short-listing: Thursday 22nd February
Interviews: Wednesday 28th February
Southey Green Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.