We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, conscientious and self motivated person to play a key role in helping maintaining our school site as a Caretaker/Site Worker, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community. You will be required to carry out a range of duties relating to the running, upkeep and security of our Academy based in Epsom, Surrey.
The role is full time and permanent, 40 hours per week over 5 days and covering 52 weeks per year. Ideally we are seeking an individual who would be comfortable with weekends being a regular part of the normal week in order to manage our school lettings and maintenance upkeep, however there is a willingness to consider some flexibility for the right candidate.
The key duties will include;
- Health& Safety
- Security & Keyholder
- Contractor Liaison
In addition the ideal person will possess;
- A genuine commitment to working in an educational environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, staff, parents/carers, drivers/escorts, contractors, delivery drivers and members of the public
- A range of skills in general maintenance and repair work to carry out various site maintenance duties for both the buildings and grounds.
- A full, clean driving license
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and also work under pressure
- Previous experience of health and safety, security and managing projects
- Previous experience of managing and motivating a small team
Please refer to the candidate brief for a fuller list of duties, skills, abilities and experience we are looking for.
Blenheim is a wonderful place to work. We have a large and vibrant student body and dynamic staff who are willing to work hard to ensure positive learning experiences for young people. We have achieved numerous accreditations including Investors in People, Investors in Careers, Healthy Schools’ Award, Partnership with Parents award, the Arts Mark and we are a designated Science College. The closing date for applications is 18th May at 12 noon.
Our school is committed to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.