37 hours per week – All year round
Grade 14 - £17391 - £18672 pa
In addition, a shift allowance of £1968 and a standby allowance of £315 per annum
Shift times rotate alternative weeks,
Week 1 – 7.00 am – 3.00 pm, Week 2 - 1.00 pm - 9.00 pm (with a half hour unpaid lunch each day)
The shift ends 30 minutes earlier on a Friday
We are looking for an energetic, hardworking, self-motivated, flexible person to work within our Premises Team, providing effective and efficient site services including, security, repairs and maintenance, porterage and cleaning.
Applicants must be committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment for all campus users. You will need to be able to communicate in a friendly and effective manner and give positive support to students, staff, visitors and hirers of the Academy facilities. Good team work is essential as well as the ability to work alone using your own initiative.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant and successful experience
- Ability to build excellent working relationships, working in a fast-moving environment, with conflicting priorities
- A range of skills and qualifications appropriate to the post
- Ability to liaise effectively with students, staff, visitors and site contractors
- Experience and skills in repairs and DIY tasks and a good awareness of cleaning requirements
- Organised and thorough with an ability to work with minimal supervision
Note – Week 2 shift will start later and end later on occasions – for example when there is a letting or Governors meeting.
Closing date: Thursday 25 April 2019 – 8 am
Interview date: Thursday 2 May 2019
To apply for this position, please complete a support staff application form (which is available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr G Ball (Executive Head Teacher).
Your letter should be no more than two pages of A4, detailing your experience to date and why you are the best candidate for the position. Completed applications should be returned by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure