Warren Mead Schools are looking to appoint a reliable and efficient caretaker from January 2020.
This is a full-time role based on 36 hours per week and 52 weeks per year.
Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role or can demonstrate a keen interest in maintenance and DIY, and an awareness of Health and Safety. The successful candidate will work to ensure the security of the school buildings and health and safety compliance, carrying out a programme of maintenance work and monitoring the repair and maintenance work of others as directed by the Headteacher. As a key holder, the role will also include security of the school premises including all buildings and contents.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a good awareness of health and safety issues
- Is reliable and able to work on their own initiative
- Is capable at carrying out basic maintenance and DIY tasks
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good teamworker
- Is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Is keen to contribute positively to the life of the school
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
- Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained
- Implement and ensure security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities.
- Be the main key holder, attend to out of hours call out
- Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
- Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities and income.
- Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
- Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Closing date for applications: 6th December
Salary: £17,322 - £20,523
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around either school. Please contact the school to arrange a tour.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.