Carpentry & Joinery Technician
Salary: Up to £18,566 depending on experience
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Interview Date: Friday 31st January 2020
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Carpentry & Joinery Technician to join our Construction Division, on a permeant basis working 37 hours per week.
This role will be based at our Accrington & Rossendale College campus in Accrington.
The main duties include:
• To prepare carpentry & Joinery workshops for practical assignments and to ensure course work materials are readily available for use.
• To take delivery of materials and stack/store correctly and carry out appropriate administration duties associated with the post.
• Provision of a store service and equipment and tool booking system
• To maintain, repair and set up tools and equipment, including booking in of tools after use, check for re-use and return to storage.
• Carrying out safety checks to equipment and update documentation as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification in carpentry & joinery (Essential)
• Experience of working within wood occupations (Essential)
• Understanding of health and safety risk assessments and COSHH regulations (Essential)
• Knowledge of training environments and/or working with 16 -18 year olds (Desirable)
For a full list of duties, plus all essential and desirable criteria please download a copy of the Job Description from our website.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.