£9.79 - £11.70 per hour (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre (AMC) Heads in practical instruction and assessment of groups of students and other trainees as required. They will work with other animal professionals as part of a wider team so must be a great team player, effective communicator, enthusiastic and be committed to training our learners to a professional standard.
Candidates should be educated to at least Level 3 in a relevant qualification e.g. Animal Management. Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of animals as well as a real passion and enthusiasm for animals and helping all learners to reach their maximum potential. The post holder will hold an appropriate teaching qualification or be willing to attain one in-post.
The post holder will be required to work as and when required to cover staff vacancies, absences, etc. The number of work sessions required will therefore vary through the year. Applicants are asked to set out their flexibility to provide cover.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices