Casual Project Delivery Worker (NEET)
Salary: £23.36 (Teaching rate) & £11.55 (Meeting & Planning rate)
Closing Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College has secured £310,475 of ESF funding to support 15-18 year olds who are NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) or at risk of becoming NEET, and 15-24 year olds with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The programme aims to improve young people’s education, employability and personal skills to aid progression to further learning, Traineeships, Apprenticeships or employment.
Working with this client group, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic about providing young people with exciting opportunities for work or further education. With excellent relationship building skills and the ability to conduct 1-1 and group sessions, the successful candidate will liaise with staff across the College to deliver bespoke training in line with project deadlines.
This is a casual post which will include a mix of teaching hours with planning and meeting time.
The main duties include:
• Working closely with clients, partners and stakeholders
• Contributing to ensuring clients secure progression into full time education, apprenticeships or employment
• Providing relevant advice and guidance to learners
• Monitoring project paperwork in a timely manner, meeting project deadlines
• Thriving in a target driven environment, ensuring that targets are met in line with project expectations
The ideal candidates will have:
• 4 GCSEs including grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
• An NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• Experience of providing advice and guidance
• The ability to build mutually beneficial relationships
• Successful previous experience of working with disaffected/disenfranchised groups
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this role, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.
lease note: All of our positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If there’s any reason why this may preclude you from being considered, please get in touch with the HR team.