Casual Trainer Assessors (Business Admin and Health & Social Care)
Closing Date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th July 2018
Salary: £23,534.02 per annum (£12.23 per hour)
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for Trainer Assessors to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit team on a casual basis.
Due to expansion of our Training and Apprenticeship provision, we are looking to grow our team of Trainer Assessors and would be particularly interested to receive applications from individuals with experience in Business Admin and Health & Social Care.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of an Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
Main duties include:
- Deliver all elements of relevant Business Unit programmes including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
- Deal with student recruitment, admission and induction procedures
- Be involved in student, College and company inductions
- Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
- Conduct initial assessment of student needs
- Maintain accurate student records
- Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
- Plan and record students’ training plans
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject (Business Admin and Health & Social Care)
- A1 qualification
- V1 or equivalent qualification and a teaching qualification (desirable)
- Current commercial/industrial experience
- Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications (Business Admin and Health & Social Care)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process. Please specify the area you are applying for/interested in on your application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
We look forward to hearing from you.