Post Title: Catering Assistant
Salary Scale: Band 1 whole band (range being 1 to 3)
Hours: 15 hours per week for 39 weeks
Line Manager: Catering Manager
Liaison with: Other catering staff
To assist with the provision of a high quality food and beverage service to the standards required by the school.
• The preparation and simple cooking of food and beverages.
• Serving customers at the counter/hatch or from a trolley or kiosk, as required.
• To undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment (light and heavy), walls (up to 6 ft), floors, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils, cutlery glassware, etc, as directed.
• During service times, to ensure that tables and counters are as clean as reasonable practicable and adequately stocked.
• To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations.
• To attend training activities and/or meetings as required.
• Occasionally, to assist with special functions at the school, which may be outside of normal working hours.
• To report any customer comments or complaints and take any necessary remedial action if appropriate.
• Report immediately any accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible.
• To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
• To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
• Ensure all duties and services provided are in accordance with the trust’s Equal Opportunities Policy
The Board of Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task needing to be undertaken may not be identified.
The postholder will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified within this job description.
This job description may be amended at any time following discussion with the Headteacher and/or CEO, and will be reviewed annually.