CATERING ASSISTANT (MATERNITY COVER)
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 2, Point 2
Actual Salary: £6,126
Fixed Term from 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022
We are seeking to appoint a Catering Assistant to assist as directed, with all aspects of the preparation of food and beverages to the standards required by the school.
This post is 15 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (term time only).
The preferred hours of work are 12-3pm or 11.45-2.45pm Monday-Friday
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• The preparation and simple cooking of food & beverages.
• Serving customers at the counter/hatch or from a trolley or kiosk as required.
• To undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment (light and heavy), walls (up to 6ft.) floors, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils, cutlery, glassware etc. as directed.
• During service times, to ensure that tables and counters are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked.
• To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Previous catering experience
• A flexible and pro-active approach to your work
• A sound knowledge of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and safe working practices
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We Can Offer You:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 605. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 24th June 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys s...