Part Time 15 hours per week, term time only
‘All leaders, including governors, are creative in their approach and are unafraid to take measured risks to make sure the academy has continually improved. They have created a culture where everyone loves to learn.’ – Ofsted 2015
North Ormesby Primary is a special place. Everything we do is for our children and our community which is why Ofsted described us a ‘haven’ and as an ‘Outstanding school’ in 2015.
We are a small community primary based on the outskirts of Middlesbrough serving an area of high challenge and social deprivation. Our staff are enthusiastic and committed to improving outcomes for children with a passion for learning through a creative and meaningful curriculum. Due to the immersive way the curriculum is taught across the academy the children work hard and have excellent attitudes to learning.
We are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join our team to assist as directed, with all aspects of the preparation of food and beverages to the standards required by the Academy.
The role will involve:
- The preparation and simple cooking of food and beverages
- Serving customers at the counter / hatch or from a trolley or kiosk as required.
- To undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment (light and heavy), walls (up to 6ft), floors, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils, cutlery, glassware etc. as directed.
- During service times, to ensure that tables and counters are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked.
- To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 15 July 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 17 July 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduateshttps://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.