Job Title: Catering Assistant
Grade and Salary: Grade One (Actual Salary £14,490)
Working pattern: 8.30am – 4.30pm, occasional evening work. 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Location: Academy Café, Ashfield School
An exciting opportunity has become available within The Academy Café at Ashfield School as a Catering Assistant. Working with the Head of the Academy Café and the existing Catering Assistant, this role will deliver a high standard of food preparation and customer service. Some evening work will be required, and a uniform is provided.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in catering or food production, with an understanding of how to deliver excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will be confident, eager and uses their own initiative taking responsibility for completing work to a high standard.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: 5pm on Monday 20 January 2020
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.