Assisting with a range of kitchen and food service activities your main aim will be to carry out a range of catering duties and ensuring high quality customer service is provided at all times.
- Assisting in the preparation, cooking, presentation and serving of meals and dining room arrangements.
- Serving food and beverages during service times.
- Cleaning of the catering, serving and eating areas.
- Carrying out special catering function work as required.
- Operating the till during service times.
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage, but somebody with an excellent work ethic and the ability to learn and progress will be considered as well. All training will be provided and progression with in the kitchen will be offered to the right candidates.
On occasion, you may be required to assist with the pick up and delivery of prepared meals, food stuffs to and from kitchen and satellite school sites, so someone who can drive would be preferred but not essential.
Our ethos is to ‘recruit for attitude, train for skill’! Pioneer Educational Trust seeks to invest intelligently, inspire collaboration and pioneer so that all learners in our family of schools have equal access to an outstanding education. Our mission is grounded on four core values which our schools embrace:
- we pioneer: by preparing the way for others to follow, we transcend barriers through aspiration, merit and risk. Pioneer engenders determination, commitment and responsibility to better society through education and learning, never accepting mediocrity
- we inspire collaboration: we believe in working in partnership. In a culture of high trust and intelligent risk-taking, collaboration exists at all levels and between all stakeholders
- we invest intelligently: by providing high-quality professional development for all staff and a positive and enriching work environment. We provide high support and challenge that enables all colleagues to flourish
- we drive equality: providing equal access to an outstanding education is central to the aims of the Trust. The Trust champions the vulnerable and disadvantaged, breaking down barriers to learning.
Furthermore, Upton Court Grammar School seeks to:
- become a world-class school, seen as a centre of excellence and creativity in learning and teaching;
- equip students with the ability to articulate their ideas with confidence in an increasingly competitive international work environment.
The most recent OFSTED inspection graded the school as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas. The school has a national reputation for excellence and achievement and is consistently ranked in the top 1% of schools in the country for student progress.
The school offers free refreshments to staff during the school day. The Trust also provides an Employee Assistance Programme to all staff within the Trust Schools. Through this, staff can access support and advice on any number of things such as wellbeing, work-related issues, housing, family, financial and legal support. There is also an employee benefit scheme which offers savings and discounts across a number of well-known retailers and services. Staff across the Trust can also receive a free, annual flu vaccination. The Trustees are also active in recognising years of service for staff. Service is designed to reward loyalty to the school and recognises those who have accrued between 3 and 30 years of service.
Other benefits include:
• Free onsite parking
• Lunch for staff offered at cost price
• Enhanced employer pension contributions
• Enhanced leave of absence policy
• Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave schemes
• Corporate eye care scheme
• Enhanced parental bereavement package
• Travel to work loans
• Additional time to facilitate professional development and collaborative working
Upton Court Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years