Pay: LGS Band 4 (£24,799-£31,371 per annum pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Catering Manager to be responsible for the catering service provided at the school.
Hours/Weeks: 37 hours Mon – Thu 8.00am-4.00pm, Fri 8.00am-3.30pm term time, plus INSET days plus 3 weeks during school holidays.
The start for this post is as soon as possible.
The role will involve:
• Responsibility for the operational efficiency of the catering service: planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management
• Planning and managing the development of the School’s Catering Provision for students, staff and events
• Maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and health and safety
• Leading a team to produce a healthy, nutritious and balanced menu for all members of the school community
We're looking for you if you have:
• Relevant catering qualifications to at least NVQ Level 3
• Experience in the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to a high standard within agreed budget limitations
• The ability to maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations, including working knowledge of health and safety and food related regulations
• The knowledge of own position within a team environment and the boundaries which apply
• The ability to manage and support the work of others
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
• The opportunity to be part of the design and opening of a brand new kitchen facility with nearly £1m of funding;
• A competitive Salary;
• Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
• A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
• Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway School is expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 20th May 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.