Salary: Band 3 Point 6-11 dependent on experience, 25 hours per week term time plus insets. FTE salary £19780-£21775 inc Fringe, actual pro rata salary £10688.20-£11766.21
Working hours: 25 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Abbotsweld Primary Academy are looking to appoint a creative and talented Catering Manager to join our school on a permanent basis. This is a busy kitchen and the post holder will be required to work as part of a committed team preparing fresh home cooked food for our pupils and staff.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Catering Manager who has a passion for cooking and providing high quality meals. A self motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team. Ideally candidates should hold the Level 3 Food Safety Certificate, have experience of working in a similar environment; be capable of supervising and motivating staff and manage the catering budget. Candidates should have a strong culinary background and be motivated by providing the best possible food and service to students, staff and visitors.
Ideal candidates will:
• Have experience of working in a comparable job role in a volume/commercial food production environment.
• Have experience of line management, able to demonstrate strong organisation and management skills.
• Knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition and creating related menus.
• Managing a budget is a key part of the role, as is menu planning
• Can ensure the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management.
• Have knowledge of national food standards and allergies.
• Have extensive knowledge of personnel management, hygiene and health and safety.
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
Your completed application form should be submitted electronically to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Latton Green Primary Academy, Riddings
Lane, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7HT.
In compliance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, CVs cannot be accepted. We are fully
committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful
candidate will be expected to undertake the appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS
Due to the high level of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10
working days of the vacancy closing date please assume your application has not been
successful on this occasion.
Closing date: Sunday 8th December 2019
Interviews: Week of Monday 9th December 2019