Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding catering department at Stafford College. The ideal candidate will work alongside the Catering Manager to plan and devise the food offerings for the College working to set budgets and to then prepare and cook these food items for staff, students and visitors. The Catering Supervisor/Cook will be responsible for supervising the catering team and ensuring that the food hall runs successfully working alongside the other on site catering provision.
To be successful, you will have previous experience of cooking in a large scale catering environment, ideally in education, with experience of supervising a team. The ideal candidate will hold an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate and NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent and have a good understanding of providing healthy eating options.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the catering manager in the provision of an effective and progressive cross college catering service.
- Preparation and cooking of a range of good quality food items to be offered through the college catering service.
- To work with the Catering Manager in developing and styling the food service offer to meet customer expectations and preferences.
- To be responsible for the ordering and controlling of stock and checking goods inwards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum, an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
Is qualified to NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation & Cooking or equivalent
- Has a proven ability to prepare and cook a wide range of high quality dishes in a busy and large scale catering environment.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Catering Supervisor/Cook, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 15th July 2018.
Interviews will be held on 24th July 2018.