The CCA & Sports Academy Coordinator provides support to the Enrichment Programme at GIS. The CCA Department is designed to enhance the GIS Academic and Dragons Sports programmes, support the ongoing development of the PE programmes and ensure a high quality enrichment programme is available for all students at GIS and the GIS community.
This role within the CCA Team is to provide support and development to CCA programme and GIS Sports Academy. In addition, there may be a requirement to support the GIS Dragons trips administration process.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
At GIS, we know that every student requires more than academic ability to succeed in today’s global economy, and with that in mind, we offer an incredible pastoral support system, an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and strongly adhere to a skills-based approach to learning that supports and underpins our success in meeting the rigorous academic requirements of International GCSEs and A-Levels.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Key Results Areas / Responsibilities
- Manage & deliver CCA programme throughout the school
- Manage & deliver the GIS Sports Academy
- To develop & enhance the GIS CCA and Sports Academy programmes
- Quality assure CCA & Academy delivery
- Contribute to development of strategic plans that enhances the function of the department
- Manage budget and resources
- Coaching of Extra Curricular/Dragons Teams as required by the Athletic Director.
- Support departments trips administration process for ISAC, SEASAC, FOBISIA, events
- Support CCA & Academy sign-up process
- Assess & improve CCA & Academy delivery
- Support external coaches & providers
- Promotion of CCA & Academy programmes in assemblies/newsletters/Daily Bulletin
- Administer CCA & Sports Academy electronic data bases
- Allocate facilities and resources for programmes
- Trouble shoot and problem solve on a daily basis
- Track student attendance and complete registers
- Assist in process to ensure students are choosing a range of CCAs against the GIS Skills
- Ensuring the GIS Community can map student’s participation in CCAs to allow the GIS staff and community make informed choices to enrich their lives in GIS
- Sports industry related qualifications/coaching qualifications, or Bachelor Degree in any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in sport related industry, with experience of high level coaching and coaching coordination
- Ability to deal with families and students and skills in conflict resolutions
- Significant experience in administration
- High level interpersonal skills, including an ability to interact with a diversity of individuals both within and outside GIS
- Excellent organisational, project and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, deal efficiently with conflicting deadlines, prioritise workloads and execute tasks at short notice.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in use of ICT databases: Google Docs, Excel, Word
We will provide:
- A local salary and benefits package
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).