Harris Academy Bermondsey is currently looking for a hard-working, reliable Central Administration Officer to join its office team.
The role of Central Administration Officer covers a range of duties covering reception, general administration, student records and reprographics. Your responsibilities will include:
- Presenting the professional and welcoming face of the Academy to all visitors, staff and students, including telephone callers;
- Managing the Academy reception to include cover rota for lunch and break times and for absence, and designing rotas for administrative staff to ensure office cover;
- Manage the physical safeguarding protocols for the main entrance to the Academy site;
- Organising maintenance/repair of office equipment in the main office when required;
- Overseeing the work of the Admin Officers and Receptionist, supporting where required and ensuring that performance appraisal targets are met;
- Managing the professional and efficient execution of clerical duties, telephone calls and secretarial tasks;
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing communications, including post;
- Providing full support to the Academy community, ensuring that the office and administrative team cater to the needs of staff, students, parents and carers;
- Providing management and oversight of all First Aid duties, supplies and of the secure First Aid Lockup and managing the First Aid room;
- Overseeing the maintenance of all student records, both physical and virtual, and producing reports as requested;
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing reprographics requests;
- Providing management and oversight of equipment, including all photocopying and printing machinery, paper and ink supplies and any other equipment required;
- Supplying support for all display work in corridors and classrooms.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Bermondsey, in one of our other 49 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
- GCSE Mathematics and English at grade C or above (or equivalent) and relevant level 3 qualification, and, ideally an undergraduate degree and professional management qualification
- Training and proficiency in the use of a variety of ICT packages, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in data entry, management and extraction from MIS systems
- At least a year's experience working in school or educational establishment
- Experience of working in an inner city school
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Experience of developing admin policies, processes and procedures
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Academy Bermondsey?
- An 'Outstanding' school, where you will join a very strong team of well qualified teaching and support staff
- A smart, welcoming environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant central London location, easily accessible by Underground and mainline rail services
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
About Harris Academy Bermondsey
Harris Academy Bermondsey is an 11-18 girls’ school in central London, which opened as an Academy in September 2006. The Academy has twice been judged by Ofsted to be an Outstanding School, most recently in March 2015. Harris Bermondsey’s students make exceptional progress as a result of the uncompromising but caring approach to success taken by staff. Girls at the Academy are prepared well for life in modern Britain, with a rigorous academic and creative curriculum alongside a wide range of world class opportunities, including a unique one-to-one business mentoring programme, STEM scholarships and the Commonwealth Festival Choir.
At HAB, we are passionate about the success of each girl, ensuring that she has every opportunity to succeed by identifying and nurturing her individual talents. Our teachers are permanent, well-qualified subject specialists, while the support staff is a team of exceptionally skilled professionals.
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Harris Academy Bermondsey
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Harris Academy Bermondsey is a girls' school in the heart of London with drive and ambition. Ofsted rates us as Outstanding in every category, and we are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our young women, ensuring th...