K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking a certified and experienced teacher to join its Secondary School instructional team from the 2020-21 school year, commencing August 2020, to teach English Language and Literature (IB MYP/DP, IGCSE).
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, fluency in English is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
The initial contract period is for approximately 22 months from August 2020 through June 2022. Only teachers prepared to commit to this period should apply. An opportunity for contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs. Working hours are 8:00 to 5:00 with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory work days throughout the year for annual school events (working hours may vary). Attendance at a number of evening events during the year may also be required.
Applications should contain:
1) A complete resume, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
3) A one-page statement outlining your personal philosophy of education.
4) Contact details (e-mail preferred) for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
5) A recent photograph.
6) Personal details, including information on any dependents.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and interviews will be conducted via Skype until such time as a suitable teacher is found.