Cambridge, CB2 8EA, GB
Category: Facilities and Catering
Contract: Permanent & 6M FTC Full Time
What it’s about
Are you a qualified Chef with 5* catering and hospitality experience who is looking for a better work life balance?
As a Section Chef you will deliver excellent services to all Cambridge Assessment staff, guests and visitors whilst working as part of a great team.
Due to the nature of our business you will not be required to work evenings, giving you a better work life balance.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (36 days per year)
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
• Generous contributory pension
What you’ll be doing
• Preparation, cooking and serving of high quality food whilst delivering excellent catering service and hospitality to all Cambridge Assessment employees and visitors. Operation of tills and cashless system.
• Plan and order food as required ensuring that stock is properly rotated and level maintained. Work with the team to ensure new ideas and food offer is kept in line with the High Street offer.
• To support the catering management team into directing and instructing the Catering assistant daily work
• Maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and overall presentation of staff and premises to ensure that the Catering Department’s reputation is maintained. Ensuring all kitchen and catering equipment are clean and serviceable before use and any catering areas are kept in a tidy, clean and hygienic condition at all times.
• Comply with Group Values and Departmental Competencies framework. Comply to all internal procedures and policies and legislative compliance such as Health and Safety, Fire Policy, Uniform policy and Food Hygiene Regulations including HACCP and Cambridge Assessment Food Safety policy.
What we’re looking for
The ideal Chef will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with great attention to detail. You will be able to plan your own work and have a proven ability to manage your workload when under pressure to meet multiple deadlines and will enjoy contributing to the excellent reputation of the department.
• Basic Food Hygiene qualifications
• Catering qualification such as City and Guilds or NVQ level 3 minimum
• Prioritise day to day work routine and work flow
• Extensive knowledge of food safety
• Stock rotation
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Customer service focus
• Previous experience of working in the catering industry.
• Experience of preparing, cooking and serving meals as well as dealing with customers face to face.
• Team player
• Listen to others
• Open to changes
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. Cambridge Assessment is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22/09/2019 and interviews will be held throughout the period that the advert is open.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER