Smart Teachers is recruiting for a teacher to work as a Chef / Food Technology Teacher within a school based in south London for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent school caters for students in Year 6 up to Year 9. This role will involve cooking for the whole school each day (60-65 people) as well as a short 45-minute cooking session with 4 pupils each afternoon. Starting January 2018, this can be a full or part time permanent role, as long as the food is of a decent quality, the kitchen is cleaned each day and the cooking sessions with the students are enriching. An unqualified Food Technology Teacher, or a Chef open to working in this type of environment may be considered for this role.
About the Role
· Chef / Food Technology Teacher working with students within upper KS2 and KS3
· Working within a specialist independent school for children with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs
· Cooking lunch each day for up to 60-65 people
· Providing cooking sessions with up to 4 students each day
· Ensuring that the kitchen is kept clean and safe for the students
· Full time permanent position
· Salary up to £25,000 (dependent upon experience)
About the School
· Independent school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
· 41 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Chicken run onsite and the eggs laid are used in the kitchen
· Padded time-out room available
· Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
· Provides extensive professional development for staff
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Chef / Food Technology Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferred)
· Proven experience teaching Food Technology (preferred)
· Looking to continue professional development (preferred)
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD29945.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.