The main purpose of this post is to deliver an outstanding Hospitality & Catering provision to learners on levels 1, 2, 3 courses, in addition to developing routes into apprenticeships, traineeships and Higher Education level 4 and 5.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Undertake curriculum planning and delivery, coordinating, liaising, and informing other staff as appropriate with the support of other Lecturers and Learner Manager.
- Prepare learning materials of a high professional standard to match assessment criteria for the above as required.
- Work flexibly to ensure that the commercial activities of the restaurant are met, including evenings, weekends and where required.
- Be actively involved in developing, implementing new facilities in the Orange Tree including plans for an innovative approach to public service.
- Promptly mark and assessing students' work, in line with College policies and procedures.
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment strategies for the above.
- Contribute to the development of engaging teaching and learning materials and methods including e-learning.
- Carry out tutorial responsibilities as required.
- Interview and screen new learners and continue to assess and monitor student progress throughout their programme of study.
- Maintain up to date course files, resources and data, on Pro Monitor and Moodle, carry out audits to check quality and ensure standards are suitable for internal and external verification purposes.
- Maintain learner details on Pro Monitor, including attendance, tracking of progress and achievement.
- Maintain course targets on Pro Monitor, including enrichment, added value, and progression.
- Attend team meetings and internal standardisation meetings.
- Liaise with parents, carers, employers, sponsors, managing agents and other agencies, (including work-based training contractors), as required.
- Represent the College where appropriate with external organisations.
- Contribute actively to the planning and management of change, being aware of resourcing issues. Consider the development and growth of the curriculum through The Orange Tree restaurant.
- Undertake other course or teaching duties as requested by the relevant line manager or Principal as appropriate.
- Implement and manage student programmes and awards.
- Work within a designated budget, ensuring quality of student learning while minimising waste.
- Maintain Quality Assurance procedures.
- Undertake Internal Verifier/ Standards Moderator role as required.
Other Corporate Responsibilities
- Reflect the vision, mission, aims and values of the College.
- Always strive for continuous improvement in your professional practice and delivery of outcomes.
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and engage in continuous professional development.
- Be compliant with Data Protection Act arrangements and confidentiality.
- Identify the financial, health and safety, equality, safeguarding, confidentiality or other risks associated with the post’s sphere of responsibility and to define and take positive action to manage these risks.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
This role profile is current as the date shown. It is liable to variation to reflect changes in the job.
Conditions of Appointment
All Appointments to the College are subject to:
- Verification of relevant qualifications
- Receipt of references considered suitable by the College
- Verification that you are legally permitted to work in the United Kingdom
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Checks
Closing Date Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interview Date Wednesday 1st May 2019
The College’s policy is to have an enhanced disclosure check for all posts. As an organisation using the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, the College complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. It undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. The College has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders which is available from Human Resources.
Equality and Diversity
The College is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
The College welcomes applications from persons with disabilities and will interview any person with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role as outlined in the person specification.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The postholder will be required to carry out their duties on the College premises.