St Joseph’s Institution International School Malaysia (SJIIM) is a Lasallian International School (3 to 18 years). The school opened in September 2016 and currently has a roll of 780 boys and girls. It prepares students for the IGCSE and IB Diploma examinations with an emphasis upon research-based teaching pedagogy and a character-building programme of activities inspired by the school's Lasallian heritage, including service, sport, music, adventure and drama.
SJIIM is seeking an outstanding and inspirational specialist teacher of Chemistry or Physics, whose passion and experience will transform the outcomes of our students. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join the staff of this ambitious and developing international school. Our IBDP scholarship programme attracts some of the best students from across Malaysia and enables students from a variety of backgrounds the opportunity to study with us.
The School is committed to delivering an outstanding Science programme that will meet the needs of pupils at all levels. The department is furnished with well stocked laboratories and up to date equipment. We are committed to securing the highest possible standards of teaching and learning in this area to ensure that our pupils will flourish with the scientific knowledge and skills that will prepare them for future studies and for lifelong learning. The school has a very strong extra-curricular programme for its students, and all teachers are expected to make a significant contribution to this.
We are looking for a committed, passionate and knowledgeable professional who will work tirelessly to ensure the best possible teaching of Chemistry and Physics. They should be experienced and capable of teaching Chemistry up to and including the IBDP level and Physics to IGCSE. They would be eager to contribute collaboratively to the continuing development of the department.
• To teach pupils assigned to your class within the school and carry out duties as required by the Head of Department
• To promote the Lasallian Mission and Core Values of SJIIM
• Ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reports meet the expectations of the school
• To actively contribute to wider school development and growth
• Demonstrate thorough curriculum knowledge
• Demonstrate a proactive approach towards professional development
We can offer:
• The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
• A caring, inclusive Lasallian school committed to holistic education
• A school-wide commitment to accelerating and deepening pupils’ learning
• A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
• Excellent professional development opportunities to support the delivery of cutting edge practice
• Highly competitive teachers' pay and conditions
Please go to the school website at
http://www.sji-international.edu.my/staff/employment-opportunities/teaching-vacancies or further information.
St. Joseph's Institution International Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Only completed application forms will be considered and rigorous background checks will be undertaken.
How To Apply:
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A Curriculum Vitae, including three referees
- Send the above to email@example.com or upload these via the TES portal.
Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.
St. Joseph's Institution International School Malaysia
Selangor Darul Ehsan