Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012 and gained the Exceptional Schools Award in 2014.
We are looking for a well qualified, enthusiastic teacher who wants to join our outstanding Science Faculty. You will be required to teach Science at Key Stages 3 and 4, and contribute to teaching and curriculum initiatives across our successful Science Faculty. A level teaching may be available to a suitable candidate.
Within the DCHS Science Faculty you will experience:
- Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
- Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources
- A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of newly qualified and more experienced teachers
- London Fringe allowance
- The A level sciences are incredibly popular choices with the girls.
- NQTs considered; NQT’s will be paid from 1st July on UQ3 (currently £21,158) until the 1st September when, upon successful completion and acquisition of QTS, will move onto the Main Pay Scale
- Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
- The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Application Deadline Noon, Monday 5th December
Interview Date Monday 12th December
The world is ever changing; Challoner’s Girls will shape that world.
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing. Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.