Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Chemistry Teacher to support teaching and learning in the London Borough of Hackney. The ideal Chemistry Teacher will be able to deliver Chemistry up to KS5 in a mixed sixth form environment. The role is full time and available from January 2019. The popular and most recently rated “Good” school have small class sizes with a strong SLT to drive all standards forward. The school follows the AQA programme so knowledge of this exam board is desirable although not essential.
About the Role
· Chemistry Teacher
· Full time
· January 2019 start
· Delivering lessons up to KS5
· Salary up to £46,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
- Rated “Good” in most recent Ofsted inspection
- Separate sixth form teaching facilities
- Dedicated SLT to drive standards forward
- Small class sizes for teaching and learning
- Sixth Form pupils are taken from KS3/KS4 so have a good understanding of the school and ethos
- 75% Pupils achieved Grades 9-5 or above in Science exams for 2018 GCSE Examinations
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Chemistry Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in Chemistry in particular at KS5
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR25029.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.