Collegio San Carlo is an independent Catholic School and one of Milan's historic educational institutions. It has recently become part of the IB School Circuit so this is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly authorised IB World School within a very well established school K - Yr 13 with a student body of 1966 and growing.
Collegio San Carlo’s mission is to develop and enhance the education of its diverse student body. It believes in the importance of tradition and innovation and encourages its teachers to use a wide variety of pedagogies to enable this. The Baccalaureate has brought a renewed dynamism to the process built on an international outlook and a clear pathway to the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly authorised IB World School. For our first cohorts of IB DP students, we are looking for a qualified Chemistry teacher with experience in teaching DP Chemistry (SL/HL). In the early stages of our journey as an IB World School, this teacher will be responsible for developing and delivering DP Chemistry , as well as a "pre-IB" course focused on building lab skills.
Although the school is committed to offering Professional Development the ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of teaching experience, working with the IB Diploma Programme havig taken classes to the exam, and be well used to inquiry based learning. She/he should have a Bachelor’s degree and hold a recognised teaching qualification.
Due to restrictions with immigration Laws she/he must also hold an EU passport or valid working papers for Italy.
- Deliver IB DP Chemistry (SL/HL) in English and in line with IB's Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Develop, supervise and deliver a "pre-IB " programme to help students build up practical lab skills
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Use technology in (teaching) Chemistry ( software, apps, interactive whiteboards, etc.)
- Support and work together with DP teachers and science department subject specialists to lay the foundation of a strong IB DP Chemistry programme. Given the growing and developing nature of the school, flexibility is an asset
- Knowledge ( even basic) of Italian is a plus
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore all positions will be subject to comprehensive reference checks including the DBS.
Salary & Benefits
A competitive package will be offered with housing and relocation allowance
Application & Information