Thames British School is an exciting new and growing school in Warsaw with four campuses as of September 2020.
The school’s mission is to encourage our children to go further than they thought possible by nurturing resilience, cooperation and enthusiasm in a safe environment.
As a new school, we engender a family atmosphere where everyone works and plays together and looks after each other.
Our high quality teaching and small class sizes ensure that we can work with every individual student to achieve their potential Our approach to the National Curriculum for England provides broad and balanced educational experiences through encouraging children to take ownership of their learning.
In June this year, we achieved our Cambridge accreditation and are excited to implement the Cambridge Curriculum beginning in September. As a Cambridge Partner School, you will have access to the Cambridge Schemes of Work and online materials. This is an excellent opportunity for teachers who are looking to broaden their skills and gain teambuilding and leadership experience.
- Degree in Chemistry
- British teaching qualification (PGCE, Bed or SCITT)
- English Level C2 or IELTS 8.5
- Experience with the English National Curriculum
- Experience with the IBDP
- Previous international school experience
- Experience in working with children who speak English as an Additional Language
Candidates must be able to demonstrate
- How they have implemented the Curriculum to KS3, KS4 classes, and IB DP
- Experience of current initiatives and developments in the UK
- Experience in planning and delivering lessons
- Understanding of using assessment data to track progress and promote learning
- Strong classroom management and pastoral skills
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Confidence in IT skills in administrative and teaching tasks
- To implement and deliver the Cambridge Programme
- To liaise with teachers in our other campus to ensure consistency between campuses
- To assist the School Director in the development of administration related to the Cambridge Curriculum
- To plan and organize educational trips and visits
- To keep up to date records of assessment, attendance, and performance in line with school systems and according to local law
- To support and work collegially with the whole school team
- To work with, support, and communicate with parents with regards to their children’s academic progress
- To work with, support, and communicate with parents in pastoral matters
- To play an active part in wider school activities, including after-school activities and school events.
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Partial remission of tuition fees for children of full-time teachers
- Access to online training
- Access to online curriculum support and resources
- Relocation allowance for teachers coming from overseas of 6000PLN
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the application form, which includes a section for your personal statement and send it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract type: Full time (renewable)
Start date: September 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to either an interview by Google Meets or in person.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret we cannot respond to unsuccessful applications.
Thames British School is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of young people. All members of our community are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.